- Name of the Product
- Permethrin 50% EC
- Pack Shot
- Permethrin Content
- Permethrin 500 g/kg
- Synthetic Pyrethroid
- CAS Number
- Empirical formula
- Chemical Name
- 3-phenoxybenzyl (1RS,3RS;1RS,3SR)-3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate
- Structural Formula
- Molecular Weight
- The material shall consist of technical permethrin complying with the requirements of FAO Specification 331/TC/S (1991), dissolved in suitable solvents and with any other necessary formulants. It shall be in the form of a stable liquid, free from visible suspended matter and sediment.
- Water content
- Maximum 3 g/kg
- Not higher than 1.5 g/kg, calculated as H2SO4.
- Emulsion stability and re-emulsification
- After the heat stability test, the product, when diluted at 300C with CIPAC Standard Waters A and C, shall comply with the following:
Time after dilution Limits of stability
0 h Initial emulsification complete
0.5 h Cream’, maximum: 1 ml2.0 h Cream’, maximum: 2 ml
‘Free oil’: nil24 h Re-emulsification complete24.5 h ‘Cream’, maximum: 2 ml
‘Free oil’, maximum: 2 ml
- Flash Point
- If required, the flash point of the product shall not be lower than 230C declared flash point. A closed cup method shall be used and the method stated
- Storage stability
- Stability at 0 ±10C
After storage at 0 ±10C for 7 days, the volume of solid and/or liquid which separates shall be not more than 0.3 ml.
Stability at 54 ± 20C
After storage at 54 ± 20C for 14 days, the product shall continue to comply with permethrin content and acidity.